Want straighter teeth without the look of braces? Invisalign allows you to realign your teeth without anyone even knowing it! This revolutionary technology gives patients the chance to fix a crooked smile with invisible aligners that act like braces without the discomfort or that metal-mouth look.
More comfortable — and convenient — than traditional braces, Invisalign is a customized orthodontic treatment that uses advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology to create a series of aligners that help slowly move teeth into proper position. Treatment time can be as short as a few months, depending on the severity of crowding. Made to fit each patient’s mouth, Invisalign offers a more efficient way to realign teeth in both adults and teens.
While the aligners work by moving teeth through controlled force (much like traditional braces), there is one major difference: Invisalign not only controls the force placed on your teeth but the timing of that applied force. That means they only move certain teeth during each stage of treatment.
A Much More Comfortable Approach
Not only a more attractive way to realign your teeth, but the Invisalign approach is also more comfortable for several reasons. First, they apply force to teeth more slowly and deliberately than traditional braces. Plus, they can be removed for sporting activities and to eat. And with no metal brackets or wires to irritate the inside of the patient’s mouth, they are much more comfortable to wear.
What Treatment Looks Like
What should you expect when using the Invisalign treatment process? Here is a quick rundown:
- Your dentist will begin with a basic consultation to make sure that you are a good candidate for Invisalign. Used commonly to fix gaps, overcrowding or excessive overbites, Invisalign is very effective in adults as well as teens when it comes to fixing these problems.
- Once it has been established that the treatment will work in your particular case, your dentist will take impressions or specialized 3D images of your teeth, mapping out their placement and develop a comprehensive treatment plan designed just for you.
- Next, the data will be sent to the lab, where they will be taken to create multiple sets of aligners that will be used to help move your teeth into the proper placement.
- You can expect to change the aligners about every two weeks. This allows only certain teeth to be nudged into place at specific periods during your treatment.
- Once the alignment is complete, you will be fitted with a retainer to wear to help keep the teeth in place, so that they don’t relapse and shift again.
Treatment time depends on each individual and can range from a few months to upwards 2 years. Invisalign works in about the same amount of time as traditional braces, despite the difference in the treatment technique.
Finding a Qualified Dental Professional
One thing to keep in mind when using Invisalign is that not every dentist has been trained to work with the product. Be sure to choose one that has undergone specialized training in using Invisalign like Brewery District Dental.
The professional staff at Brewery District Dental are qualified and trained to help you straighten your smile with this effective and efficient method. Call today to learn more.